Facing trouble with your Lexus remote start? Don’t worry, you’re not alone. Remote start issues can be quite frustrating, especially when you rely on it for a quick engine start and comfortable cabin temperature.
In this article, we’ll dive into the common reasons for Lexus remote start not working and provide helpful tips to troubleshoot the problem. So, buckle up and let’s find out how you can get back to enjoying the convenience of your Lexus remote start feature.
Lexus Remote Start Basics
Lexus Enform Remote
The Lexus Enform Remote is a convenient feature that allows you to start your Lexus vehicle remotely using a smartphone app or the key fob. This feature comes in handy during those cold winter mornings when you want to warm up your car before heading out, or on hot summer days when you want to cool down the interior before getting in.
To use the Enform Remote, make sure your vehicle is parked in a safe and open space. You can then select the ‘Remote Start’ option on the app or press the lock button on the key fob three times, followed by holding it down to start the engine.
Compatibility with Lexus Models
Lexus remote start is available across a range of Lexus models, including:
- Lexus RX
- Lexus UX
- Lexus GX
- Lexus NX
- Lexus LX
- Lexus IS
Keep in mind that not all models or trim levels may be equipped with the remote start feature, so it is essential to check your specific vehicle’s features before attempting to use Lexus Enform Remote.
In case you encounter issues with your remote start not working, there are a few basic troubleshooting steps you can follow. Start by checking if your vehicle’s doors, hood, and trunk are closed properly, as an open door or other security issues can prevent the system from initializing. Additionally, ensure your Lexus is parked in a clear and open area, as obstacles or interference from other electronic devices can affect the remote starter’s functionality.
If your remote start still isn’t working after these checks, it’s a good idea to consult your Lexus owner’s manual or reach out to your Lexus dealer for further assistance to ensure you can fully enjoy the convenience of your Lexus Enform Remote.
Common Issues and Solutions
One common issue that might cause your Lexus remote start to stop working is a dead battery in the key fob remote. If the battery is weak or completely dead, it cannot send the signal to your car to start the engine. To diagnose and fix this problem, follow these steps:
- Remove the battery from your key fob remote by opening the casing.
- Replace the old battery with a new one, ensuring you have the correct type and size.
- Test your remote start function again to see if it works with the new battery.
If the remote start is still not working after replacing the battery, you may have other issues to consider.
Faulty Key Fob Remote
Another reason your Lexus remote start might not be working is a faulty key fob remote. To troubleshoot this issue, try the following steps:
- Ensure your key fob remote is sending a signal by using the lock and unlock buttons on the remote. If these functions work properly, the issue is likely not with your remote.
- If your remote is not responding, consider reprogramming it. You can find instructions on how to do this in your vehicle’s owner’s manual or by visiting the Lexus support website.
- If reprogramming your key fob does not resolve the problem, you may need to visit a dealership for further assistance.
Lexus vehicles equipped with the Enform Subscription service provide remote start functionality. However, if your subscription has expired, the remote start feature will no longer work. To verify and resolve this issue, follow these steps:
- Check your Lexus Enform Subscription status by logging into your account at the Lexus website.
- If your subscription has expired, consider renewing it to regain remote start functionality.
- If your subscription is still active but your remote start is not working, contact Lexus customer support for further assistance.
Remember, it’s essential to keep up with your Enform Subscription to enjoy features like remote start in your Lexus.
Tips for Using Lexus Remote Start
Getting the Most Out of Your Remote Starter in Winter
To ensure your Lexus Remote Start works properly during winter, follow these helpful tips:
- Check if your vehicle is compatible: Not all Lexus models have a built-in remote start feature. Make sure your vehicle is equipped with it. If not, you might need to get an aftermarket system installed.
- Verify battery life: Your key fob needs sufficient battery power to work correctly. If you notice any issues with remote start, try replacing the key fob’s battery.
- Clear any obstructions: Snow, ice, or debris covering your vehicle’s sensors may interfere with the remote start’s functionality. Before using the feature, clear away any obstructions from the exterior of your car.
- Use the Lexus App: If your vehicle is a 2022 model or newer, you can use the Lexus app to remotely start the engine and drive off. Not only will this allow you to start your car from a longer distance, but it also provides additional features, such as remote climate control, to help warm up your vehicle before you get in.
- Pre-set your climate control settings: Before exiting your vehicle, set your preferred climate settings. When you use the Remote Start feature in winter, your car will automatically adjust to your pre-set temperature, ensuring a comfortable ride.
Remember, your Lexus Remote Start has a 10-minute runtime limit without an occupant. If you need to extend the run time, you can use the Remote Start feature again for up to another 10 minutes, after which you must either open a door or manually start the vehicle.
By carefully following these tips, you can make the most out of your Lexus remote car starter and enjoy a warm and comfortable vehicle during the cold winter months.